Thursday, February 4, 2010

Super Bowl

Just in case you've been hiding under a rock.....WE ARE GOING TO MIAMI FOR THE SUPER BOWL! I have not really ever been an NFL fan, mostly just stuck with my beloved Georgia Bulldogs. I've tried in vain several times before to explain the Saints vortex to my family and friends. You move here, you get sucked in, and before you know it, you're a crazy fan just like everyone else. A few examples: 1) On Sunday every single person on staff at our church was decked out in Saints paraphernalia, and half the congregation. 2) Out to lunch last Sunday, at least one person at every single table wearing Saints stuff. 3) Every worker at Walmart--saints. 4) I could go on, but why? you just have to be here, it's electric. The night they won the NFC, I went outside b/c people were shooting off fireworks everywhere and upon listening, I could hear people outside running around screaming. My neighbor is from here and was beyond excited. The Saints have never been to the Super Bowl in their 42 year existence , so even if you're not a fan, do us a favor and give us a little WHO DAT? on Sunday night!
Isn't she the cutest little fan you've ever seen?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Did you teach Maddy to say "Who Dat?"

The Wades said...

It has been brought to my attention that I made it sound like 'WE' as in Keith, Maddy and me were going to Miami. We are not, our Saints are. Glad to have that cleared up. We didn't have an extra 3K laying around to spend on the super bowl....
And Jess, I've tried, but so far no luck. We'll keep it up though!