Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chick Fil A

I have always loved Chick fil a. And now it's my daughters favorite place for 2 reasons. 1) It has chicken, which is her favorite food group and 2) it has a slide. If you ask her where she wants to eat, she says: chick fil a, slide? [then looks at me with this smile-like expectation questioning are we really going there?] On a side note, it's hard to explain that they are closed on Sunday. We were driving back home this past Sunday and she saw a Chick fil a billboard and was going crazy, needless to say she wasn't happy that we couldn't go there.

All this to say Keith and I tried the new SPICY chicken sandwich tonight for free! Can't beat that. We signed up a couple of weeks ago online, got free tickets & tonight was our night to go. Upon arriving we were directed to a VIP spicy ck. line. The girl behind the register was super nice, of course I haven't had many (if any) bad experiences there. Keith got pepper jack cheese added to his sandwich and we both got a complimentary brownie a la mode! Verdict= Keith loved it! He said it's way better than Wendy's or any other place with a similar sandwich. I thought it was great also, just a bit too spicy for my liking! I had to take Maddy to the bathroom mid-meal and my mouth was on fire the whole time in there...but I am sort of a wimp when it comes to hot stuff. Try it, I'm sure it will not disappoint! I need to cut off the post.....Keith thinks I'm writing way too much about Chick fil a.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man, my husband would LOVE that w/ the pepper jack...hopefully they'll still have it around Christmas, since there aren't Chick-fil-A's in Hawaii, BOO! haha

Jessica said...

First of all-- love the new blog design with the baby coutdown! (you might have had it for a while-- I just normally read your posts in my Google reader and not the actual site)

Secondly- I am with you in that I can't really handle spicy food so I haven't jumped on the "Spicy Chicken" bandwagon. I'm thinking I'm better off staying away from it-- I'll stick to my chicken nuggets!

Lastly-
Tell Keith that I personally enjoy all your blog entries so there's no such thing as writing too much, no matter what the subject! :)

Jennifer said...

Chris and I went for our free sandwich on Monday. My mouth was on fire also, but Chris barely thought it was spicy at all! So- I put lots of mayo on it! I had Provolone cheese which was yummy! I really liked it after that! :0)

Shana Stringer said...

You can never write too much about Chick-fil-a. We got to try it this evening. I didn't think it was that spicy, but I liked it. I like spicy stuff.

Amy said...

So, we need to add another entry into the twin book because Kevin said the exact same thing about the spicy chicken sandwich being better than Wendy's. We tried it at the Delta Block Party the other week. How funny that their taste buds are alike!!

Bourg Family said...

I missed my chance, but can't wait till it's actually added to the menu. Sounds yummy!!!`

Amanda Hanke said...

Hey girl. I am following your blog now!!!! It took me too long!